Instructions for Oral Presenters
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
FOR INVITED SPEAKERS AND ORAL ABSTRACT PRESENTERS
As a presenter at the ESOC 2021 Virtual Conference, you are asked to pre-record your presentation.
- Please note that all Scientific sessions and Scientific Communications will be pre-recorded and will include a live Q&A part.
- The Rapid Communications will be pre-recorded and available for viewing on demand from the 1st day of the Conference. There will be no time assigned for Q&A at the end of the session.
- The duration of your talk should be your presentation. There is no need to keep time at the end for Q&A.
DEADLINE TO PRE-RECORD EXTENDED: 31 July 2021
IMPORTANT: PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines:
Please note there is no template slide. You may use your own template and follow the below guidelines.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your recording.
- Please ensure that the presentation slide deck is 16:9. Click here for instructions.
- Kindly remember the first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title and then followed by the disclosure slide – and that you need to address the disclosure at the beginning of the presentation. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. Please find a template for the disclosure slide here.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- Click here to read tips and recommendations for preparing your presentation.
DURING YOUR PRESENTATION RECORDING:
- There will be a dedicated technician assisting you during the recording of your session.
- CONFLICTS OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE – must be added as your first slide following your title slide.
- Please make sure that you do not record longer than your allocated time in order to avoid being asked to re-record.
On the day of the zoom recording session, please make sure you are ready:
- Quiet Environment: Please make sure that the room you are using is quiet (avoid disturbances such as phones ringing, dogs barking etc.) and try to ensure no one will interrupt you while you are recording.
- Neutral background: Make sure to sit in front of a neutral background (white, uniformly colored wall, or similar, avoid bright backlight such as a window). Please do not use artificial background features.
- Presentation Open: Please have your PowerPoint presentation open on your laptop/PC.
- Join the Recording Session: At the time of your session recording, you are invited to enter the Zoom link that was sent to you, and meet a technician (virtually) who will guide you through the recording of your presentation.
LIVE Q&A DISCUSSION SESSION
- You will be invited to attend a technical briefing for a live session in August. Please ensure you attend one briefing.
- Detailed guidelines on how to join a live session are available here.
If you would like to use branded slides, please click here to download a template.
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.